Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HHH Complete Wellstone Training

Below: Humphrey, Rollon, Jerry, and Stacey enjoying a meal at Golden Corral.Below: Group poses at the Student Center of NC State where the training took place


Below: Group Shot of Humphrey, Stacey, jerry, Liz and Rollon
Below: Humphrey's group presented to the entire training and Humprhey did an excellent job role-playing, trying to convince a group of senior citizens to join their efforts for a living wage.


On March 28th, five members of HHH jumped in a mini-van headed to Raleigh to attend the Camp Wellstone training for community activists. Based on the legacy of former Senator Paul Wellstone, the training emphasizes the combination of grassroots organizing, electoral politics, and good public policy. Members enjoyed the balance of personal reflection and skill-building.
Read the below reflection from member Stacy Williams on the trip:
Thank you and Urban Ministries again for giving me the opportunity to attend the Wellstone training.

The training was very valuable. It provided insight into advocating for change through effective media usage and activism.

It broadened my views about leadership and how I view power in the world and within myself . It gave me a chance to reflect on my abilities to effect positive change and made me realize that one can do any and everything.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with the members of HHH. It was an awesome experience being able to bond with you and Jerry, Rollon and Humphrey. I found great pleasure in watching the gentleman interact with each other and the other training participants.

The trip further affirmed that I am a part of the HHH family. I look forward to other trips.

Thank you again for this opportunity of growth and enlightenment.

Stacey L. Williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home